As the combat engineering senior sergeant inspected and advised on bridging, rafting, and river crossing operations; formulated and maintained construction schedules; assisted in supervision of troops in assault operations; performed ground and aerial reconnaissance; advised engineer staff section personnel in matters involving combat engineer operations; coordinated with staff agencies for engineer operational and tactical support; coordinated employment of engineer elements operating with infantry and armored units; inspected construction sites and enforced job specification and safety standards; collected, interpreted, analyzed, evaluated, and disseminated intelligence data.
- Engaged in vertical, road, bridge, and airfield construction and rigging, bridging, and demolition activities.
- Assisted combat engineers, bridge, and powered- bridge specialists in their performance of duties; read, interpreted, and plotted maps, overlays and photos.
- Used hand tools and engineering tools in order to assist with tactical operations. As a team member directed/performed maintenance, inspections and ordered parts for heavy equipment.
- Trained on Hydraulic System Troubleshooting and Unit Maintenance of the Hydraulic System.
- Assisted with excavation, earth-moving, rigging, and concrete work. Supervised and instructed subordinates; operated excavation and earth-moving heavy equipment; performed rigging, concrete and masonry work.
- Acted as a demolition expert, coordinated work teams using knowledge of location and level of charge, wrote orders, and crosschecked materials requirements.
- Operated special equipment such as bridge launchers, lifting devices, power winches, and bulldozers; participates in bridging and demolition operations.