Chief Accounting Officer; Vice President - Corporate Controller
The world's preeminent musical instrument manufacturer/distributor with sales of $500M, hand-crafting Steinway & Sons pianos, as well as band, orchestra and percussion instruments in its Conn-Selmer division.
- Formed new finance organization in first global headquarters in initiative to consolidate global management. Supervised divisional finance teams in US, Europe and Asia.
- Managed global treasury, including $375 million of traded and revolving debt. Ensured covenant compliance.
- Implemented consolidation and financial reporting system which markedly reduced the use of manual reporting and undue reliance on Excel. Overcame challenges from disparate ERP platforms.
- Consolidated 21 entities. Reported results to management, shareholders, lenders and rating agencies.
- Researched complex accounting matters and prescribed accounting treatment under US GAAP and other relevant standards in written policies. Wrote annual report with footnotes and coordinated audits.
- Partnered with business unit heads to enable new business and improve profitability of existing businesses.
- Developed strategies for repatriating foreign earnings.
- Drove financial modeling, process improvement, KPI reporting, and borrowing base calculation efforts.
- Appointed to pension plan boards and investment committees.