Fixed Asset Accountant
Involved in all areas of Fixed Asset Accounting and Capital Expenditures involving over 48,000 asset records. Maintained Fixed Asset System, inventory controls, valuations, monthly closing activities, management reporting, variance and cost analysis, development of annual standards, internal control, and improving accounting processes
- Created reports and presented to senior management during plant acquisitions and divestitures for strategic planning.
- Recognized for successfully analyzing newly acquired assets and capital expenditures for the International Paper acquisition of seven facilities to merge financial records and reporting.
- Assisted in the capital planning process for both future capital spending and the evaluation of past capital projects resulting in accurate monthly forecast.
- Successfully supported all division and plant level personnel in the area of capital investment: Development, Approval, Tracking, and Review.
- Developed reporting system for plant controllers and plant managers ensuring that all asset additions, transfers and retirements activity in the plant is accounted for.