Director of Accounting
Hired, supervised, developed and motivated accounting staff consisting of five senior accountants. Responsible for multiple companies, including News 12, Fuse Networks and Rainbow Advertising Sales encompassing more than $350 million in annual revenue. Instrumental in building financial infrastructures and standardizing accounting procedures across all companies. Coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing procedures.
- Reported and maintained the financial statements for assigned business units at the management reporting level, tax reporting level (legal entity) and external reporting level (10-Q and 10-K).
- Met regularly with controller and business managers to develop comprehensive comparisons of actual results to budgets and internal forecasts.
- Reviewed and signed off on balance sheet and income statement account analysis and monthly journal entries.
- Supported Business Planning in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, cash flow statements and five year plans.
- Established accounting policies and procedures and ensured that the system of internal controls comply with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
- Met with internal and external financial auditors, as necessary.