Cost Accounting Manager / Acting Controller
Developed manufacturing metrics scorecard with links to ancillary files updated monthly by each department and hyperlinks to 50 charts with monthly highlights and further analysis for CFO & Ops VP to present at monthly executive team meetings. Created finished good pricing models and advised senior management on raw material vendor contract pricing & volumes, including comparative cost models with internal versus external cost & apples-to-apples quotes from other vendors, and potential COGS & gross margin impact across product lines. Converted forecast sales $ by product line to units based on known ASP's, and units to standard hours and direct labor staffing levels based on forecast labor rates and wages for assemblers. Prepared annual COGS budget, including forecast MFG/QA overhead spend spread across all product lines, and material burden to cover inbound freight and internal resources for outsourced products using Activity-Based Costing. Worked closely with buyers, A/P & A/R to resolve reconciling issues, correct errant PO pricing, maintain global transfer pricing & FX rates, & accrue RMA's, rebates and invoices not yet entered. Provided purchasing oversight and usage forecasts to help optimize purchase quantities & balance price breaks versus carrying cost. Developed procedures & related ERP codes to prevent transaction-related accounting issues, and provided G/L consolidation / HFM oversight and annual audit support. Created Access database queries & Excel pivot reports to facilitate quicker monthly sales and spending analysis, including MFG, QA, CNIS and Engineering spend, and UK / ROI regional sales by country, KAM and product.
- Managed team of 6 people on cost savings team, and proposed, evaluated and documented new projects with over $1Million of annual savings by 2016, including a monthly Savings Scorecard presented by our CEO and CFO at quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
- Provided target cost guidance & business case models for new products generating $5 million of sales growth.
- Developed complete set of insightful ex-factory and in-market sales reports for newly acquired UK regional distribution business, including detailed procedures for converting 5 separate distributor in-market sales feeds (raw data) into an useful format with our own SKU's, SUOM, currency, etc, and calculating distribution fees and rebates by product line for consolidation and accrual purposes, as well as comparison to our own UK ex-factory sales. Trained and supervised subordinate who now publishes these reports.
- Maintained ERP system product hierarchy, G/L mappings and G/L Product Line Sales and COGS Reports.
- Reviewed and budgeted annual labor rates, overhead rates, inbound & replenishment freight, and purchased material costs for standard cost roll, along with COGS & gross margin impact for CFO & marketing managers.
- Provided planning and accounting oversight for a major ERP system upgrade, rewrote our entire chart of accounts, helped implement a multi-company ERP setup with GBP and EUR FX rates, a multi-plant, multi-warehouse setup for our MRP / MPS system, and led the implementation of our Time & Attendance Module to automate labor entry using bar-code scanning, and Service Module to improve repair & warranty cost tracking.
- Supervised warehouse materials team, and led plant-wide physical inventory, including assembling a 40-person team and executing a successful plant-wide physical inventory with only one week's notice from the company that acquired us. Provided oversight and analytical support for our UK distribution center physical.