Construction Manager Cover Letter
Construction Managers are responsible for construction sites 24 hours a day. While Construction Managers do not typically perform any of the actual construction, they plan, direct, and coordinate activity on construction sites, oversee project design, hire and supervise workers, choose contractors, and monitor supplies. They are also in charge of preparing budgets and estimates, reporting project progress to clients, and ensuring that everyone is in compliance with the applicable legal requirements.
Along with your resume, a cover letter provides your future employer with a window into your past work experiences and current skills which can help you stand out amongst the many applicants who are vying for the role right along with you. This is why it is important to be detailed insofar as your characteristics, as well as correct in both your spelling and grammar.
Job descriptions for Construction Managers list responsibilities like:
- Tracking maintenance and equipment usage levels including raw materials, capital equipment, and transportation
- Communicating with multiple clients to keep them abreast of deliverables
- Ensuring successful job completion at pre-determined deadlines, resulting in consistently positive customer feedback
- Keeping employees motivated while evaluating talent across the organization
An example cover letter for a Construction Manager which is an effective example of the skills and experience required for this position appears below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Construction Manager resume samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Julius Hawkins:
With a proven background as a senior level Construction Operations Manager with over 20 years experience providing solutions for general contracting, engineering and construction firms, I posses a record of success analyzing operations, then designing and instituting Program Management methodologies that work to improve efficiency and reduce costs. I posses expert knowledge of how to overcome complexity to achieve results. The combination of quick insight, ability to identify process gaps, and ability to develop quality solutions have made me a heavily relied upon resource for executives desiring the implementation of sustainable improvements.
My leadership style focuses on engaging team members to communicate, dynamically solve problems and deliver the highest quality solutions. I am currently seeking to provide your organization with the above skills as Construction Manager.
A sample of key contributions includes:
- Led International Operations including design and construction for initiatives in Amsterdam and opening regional offices in Paris, France, Dusseldorf, Germany, and Prague, Czech Republic. Provided oversight for business and operational strategy, client and proposal development, P&L oversight, and program execution.
- Designed and implemented improvements to technical and business capabilities leading to new awards of work totaling $450M.
- Developed consistent and consolidated descriptions of Engineering and Management services along project timelines, in order to establish standards of service, project cost, and consistent deliverables, ensuring on-time and on-budget completion.
- Completed European start-up operations within 24 months, establishing permanent offices, site selection, design, construction and build of a $115M state of the art food processing facility meeting all client expectations.
I possess a unique background in general building design and construction leadership with extensive global program management experience. I am able to successfully present complex ideas with a high degree of clarity and recognize and properly lead change in all types of organizations. I have devoted my career to developing proven project and program management strategies in order to meet or exceed client expectations.
Please accept this letter and enclosed resume as an introduction to my skills and background. For a more detailed presentation of my offerings, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to schedule a conference. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.