Study receiving notices, invoices, orders, and other records to determine receiving priorities, work assignments, and methods required to meet receiving schedules.
- Inspect unloading operations to ensure safety.
- Direct movement of shipments from receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Implement new procedures for handling and organizing all material as to minimize damage, operating forklift equipment and maintaining care to minimize damage and down time and safely and neatly maintaining storage areas, entry and exit points, and all high traffic avenues of all facilities. To keep free of trash and debris to allow for unobstructed safe passage.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances.