Assistant Exploratory Petroleum Geologist (geotech)
Mapping of drill pads in accordance to OSHA, city, county, and state well setbacks.
- Used excel to document wells, production, depth intervals, thickness of formations of known producers and mapped them in 3-D in ESRI.
- Used ESRI, Google Earth, current and older maps to ensure precise areas of interest for drill pads.
- Searched through old oil and gas fields in order to see what production and how long it produced and what intervals.
- Use State wide Oil and Gas Libraries along with the Texas RRC and Drilling Information websites to obtain information for different projects in the Texas areas of research.
- Researched several basins in the continental US. (This includes sands, conglomerates, shale's and hydrocarbons).
- Fabricate structural and stratigraphic cross sections in areas proposed for drilling.
- Research current state oil and gas laws as they pertain to the company and the cities affected.
- Made contact with government officials in order to ensure setbacks are current.