Supervisory Safety and Occupational Health Specialist
Manage and provide leadership to a staff of ten (10) safety and health professionals while conducting comprehensive safety and occupational health inspections, including accidents and fatalities in general industry and construction. Accountable for reducing injury and illnesses and fatalities in a manufacturing and construction environment.
- Respond to and investigate formal and informal safety and health complaints.
- Ensure manufacturing and construction sites are in compliance with all OSHA regulations and applicable consensus (ANSI/NEC/LSC) standards.
- Develop and implement safety and health programs, including Management Commitment and Employee Involvement; Worksite Analysis; Hazard Prevention and Control; and Employee Training and Education.
- Serve as Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) auditor and team member.
- Lead continuous improvement and mentoring of occupational safety and health staff.
- Ensure yearly budget is administered and adhered to for the fiscal year.
- Serve as management representative on local Safety and Health Committee.
- Conduct informal and formal settlement conferences and negotiate with employers to resolve OSHA citations and penalties.