Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems.
- Works from documentation, written or verbal instructions, schematics, rough sketches, diagrams, layouts, and plans often requiring interpretation and application of comprehensive knowledge and practical understanding of electronic theory and principles.
- Assembles experimental circuitry (breadboard) or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components..
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devices test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Operate bench lathes, drills, or other machine tools to fabricate parts, such as coils, terminal boards, and chassis.
- Check functioning of newly installed equipment in vehicles and structures to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions