Distribution Process Worker
Duties include stock selection, location survey, physical inventory, material handling, material examining and identifying, packing, and operating Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- Receives, unloads and processes incoming shipments. Checks accompanying documentation against container or packing labels. Follows established procedures in reporting over, short, misdirected, or damaged materials.
- Packs and/or repacks a variety of items utilizing a wide variety of standard packing materials, methods and techniques. Determines appropriate method of packing based on the type of commodity/item to be packed.
- Assembles items for shipment in the loading area according to information provided on the shipping requests and checks the condition of shipping containers prior to loading. Ensures shipments are properly loaded onto the right conveyances.
- Counts types and quantities of items during inventories, and maintains tally listings during the count. Recounts or searches other storage locations to assist in determining the basis for over, short, or misplaced items.
- Operates one or more types of material handling equipment such as standard type forklift with a lifting capacity of up to 15,000 pounds, warehouse tractor, or general-purpose vehicle.