Neuroscience Unit Licensed Practical Nurse
Neuro assessment, Epic and EMAR charting, medication administration, wound care, patient care, patient teaching, IV Therapy, SA drains, Tube feeding, assist with discharge planning.
- Provide care for patients with acute to chronic Neurological conditions ranging from acute stroke, spinal surgery, brain tumors, and clients with back and nerve placement.
- LPN preceptor focusing on training new LPN's to the neurological unit.
- Work throughout the hospital on various units performing as an LPN under the supervision of an RN.
- Performing nursing care in-home environment and assessing the needs of patients regarding treatments and medication.
- Carry out the physician's orders from the plan of care given for the patient.
- Working in conjugation with other health care teams to meet the goals for the patient ranging from medication to physical, and occupational therapy.