Industrial Maintenance Technician
Managed set-up of production lines and support equipment prior to daily production runs. Performed scheduled preventive maintenance, calibrated and aligned critical operations and diagnosed process trends using control charts on equipment beverages across multiple production lines. Operated depalletizers, conveyors, rinsers, fillers, cappers, seamers, fill checks, case packers, carton erectors and palletizers.
- Improved efficiency and reliability of equipment which increased production, doubling the hourly BIB production rate. Recognized by supervisor for annual cost savings of $50,000 gained through improvements in equipment operation.
- Recognized for resolving a safety hazard for workers sanitizing and maintaining BIB palletizer by developing and installing a safety harness system.
- Improved start-up procedures and implemented lean methods to improve daily start-up.
- Installed new equipment and validated proper equipment operation.
- Completed over 10 consecutive years with no safety accidents, injuries or incidents.
- Improved machine operator performance through effective communication, providing operator training of machine functions, and recognizing and reporting potential problems.
- Served on spare parts inventory control team significantly reducing inventory levels and providing greater visibility of on-hand materials.
- Earned numerous performance and skill based promotions.
- Received numerous plant quality awards.