Social Insurance Specialist
Consulted with beneficiaries about their rights under Social Security, gathered facts and evidence to establish eligibility for benefits, and made critical decisions to determine the amount of benefits paid to individuals initially and continually.
- Functioned as the claims representative for retirees, widowed, aged, blind, and disabled individuals from diverse educational and socio-economical backgrounds.
- Developed facts through interviews and correspondence with claimants, lawyers, or advocates for the resolution of discrepancies and to obtain needed information.
- Processed records in adjudicating or paying claim's, collected documentary evidence for claims or conveyed the requirements that must be met for the receipt of benefit payments.
- Recommended modifications in procedure or policy and advised management of significant problem areas, resulting in streamlining the application process and improved office function.
- Identified, investigated, and referred potential program fraud and abuse as necessary.
- Balanced and prepared the monthly Accountability Report for submission to the Central Office in Baltimore MD.