Conceived, planned, and pitched book series in science, literature, biography, world events, and other nonfiction areas; projected production costs and margins; recruited, contracted, and managed content experts, reviewers, consulting editors, and authors; developed manuscripts and reviewed for content, style, and reading level; outsourced and reviewed copyediting; coordinated designs and art programs; led production and design meetings; crafted marketing copy; reviewed/managed proof. Approx. 75 titles, with contributions to many more.
- Acquired content from high-profile figures, including high-ranking members of the U.S. intelligence community, a U.S. Representative, a former White House counsel and current Deputy Secretary of State, the Speaker of the U.S. House, a former U.S. Attorney General, the director of U.S. forces in the Middle East in the first Gulf War, and a former First Lady
- Reworked standard book and series designs; developed several innovative projects that attracted positive attention from media reviewers and parent company. Legal/debate series Point/Counterpoint was packaged with NPR's Justice Talking
- Created house and book-specific style guides, combining elements of CMS and MLA styles; adjusted manuscripts to reading and interest levels of intended audience
- Presented product lines to focus groups and company sales force and at conventions of the American Library Association and the Modern Language Association
- Consulted on meta-projects that included new Web and database design and product classification schemes