Construction Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (contractor)
Handle daily administrative duties such as copying, faxing, sorting mail, running errands, other duties such as directing and/or coordinating activities related to project construction contract administration, including drawings process, composing memo field observations, reports, change orders and pay requests.
- Supported 2 construction managers and 17 project administrators
- Other related activities include: Development and improvement of the contract administration process with emphasis on efficiency, quality assurance, and rapid project close-out.
- Accumulates, evaluates and presents feedback information related to necessary changes in construction documents.
- Participates in various project status meetings. Conducts on-site observations and prepares reports and resolves construction administration problems for larger projects.
- Coordinates with the architecture/engineering team to ensure project completion is in compliance with contract documents and applicable codes.
- Reviews project drawings, bonds and other post-construction submittals for approval.
- Create special custom reports for projects using MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint for presentation.
- Assembles and verifies construction change order information for approval. Other duties I perform are maintaining land purchasing process school sites, this entail interacting with vendors requesting proposals for surveying land and geotechnical studies, as well as monitoring and updating the gathered data into the master data base.
- All FCS land files are maintained under my watch. Coordinate the management of the building permit tracking data base, by requesting active information from the project administrators and placing the information into data base.
- Create all monthly status report and construction presentation for under management and for FCS Board. I coordinate and update the COPS binder along with working with the planning group to update the Local Facilities Plan data to the MS Access data file (to be submitted to the GDOE for funding approval).