Manufacturing Engineer I (production Support Engineer)
Provide technical leadership for the assembly and testing of up to 1600 MRI Assemblies on an annual basis. Provide technical management to 1st and 2nd shift MRI System Assemblies teams, consisting of up to 20 assemblers, test technicians and the production team leader. Responsibilities also include providing documentation and floor support associated with safety, MRI assembly and test manufacturing using quality and LEAN methods, tooling, and equipment. Supports Engineering Change Notifications (ECR) for New, Prototype and current production material to maintain cost effectiveness and develop new technologies. Initiate new processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and improve product quality.
- ECR point of contact for Electronics. Responsible for reviewing and approving all ECR/ECO's.
- Partner with Design Engineering and Automatic Test Equipment Design Team to troubleshoot product quality issues.
- Supported the transfer of work from one manufacturing facility to another of the HFD/HDX/DV product line
- Decreased product cycle time by 40% resulting in an increase of production by 86% through production line redesign and task based (Operational Method Sheets) OMS implementation.
- Reduced average elapsed ATE testing time from 71.5 to 53.6 hours delivering $73k of CCP
- Redesigned DV and HFD/HDX line incorporating lean principles resulting in a tact time reduction on the line from 131 minutes to 119 minutes.
- Increased line linearity from 30% to 60% resulting in increased capacity from 4.6 units/week to 6 units/week