Plant Manager of a High volume Manufacturer of Custom Vinyl Window, selling to distributers and major Home Improvement Centers (Lowe's). Directly responsible and accountable for manufacturing operations and related disciplines including Assembly, Eng'g, S&R, Production Planning and Scheduling, Equipment maintenance, and Facilities.
- Increased productivity approx 5% year over year via continuous improvement programs.
- Modified mfg operations in accordance with changing Business Model from stock producer to custom producer.
- Instituted in process SOP's to insure Product Quality resulting in Consumers Report #1 Cost /Value rating in 2007 for vinyl windows.
- Improved on time delivery and fill rate to 99% while reducing ship cycle from 8 to 6 days.
- Managed a Plant Safety Program that reduced recordable injuries by 50%, maintained OSHA Standards and reduced Workman's Compensation costs.