Director of Operations
Directed Operations including all supply chain, manufacturing, facilities, quality, continuous improvement, and maintenance for $40M manufacturer of FDA, EPA, and VMD regulated water treatments, medicines, and foods for aquariums and ponds.
- Selected by management to head the operational integration of a new Windows-based, Microsoft Navision, ERP system.
- Assisted on the selection, planning, and coordinating of a plant closure in France to alternative manufacturing locations in Portugal, Mexico, and China.
- Decreased number of Supply Supervisors / Managers (overhead) from 21 to 11 associates in 4 year time period while improving service levels, efficiency, and reducing inventory.
- Realized a 19% improvement of effectiveness through improved scheduling, quality, and communications.
- Established pull systems, Kanbans that reduced inventory by 27%, reducing material handling, inventory transactions while improving on time delivery and product fill rates.