Developed proposal cost estimates and detailed construction cost estimates, including costs for engineering, instrumentation, equipment, skid fabrication, field construction and commissioning on $4 to $30 million projects in LA, NY, NJ, WA, FL, MI, TX. Utilized civil, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation design drawing packages. Participated in contractor bid reviews and contract negotiations. Reviewed contractor bids for completeness, scope and conformance with project specifications. Reviewed the design packages, quantity surveys and completed the takeoff using drawings and specification.
- Led the cost estimate process from review of the project scope, developed a work breakdown structure to the final approval stage, gathering necessary equipment quotes, negotiated with supplier/contractors, labor rates, and taxes. Successfully met established goals for cost estimating accuracy.
- Successfully provided multiple detailed proposal/estimates that became viable and profitable projects.
- Improved the process of estimating the engineering labor by developing and managing an Excel spreadsheet with predefined tasks and milestones; decreased the total estimate time by 35-45%.
- Developed Excel process for estimating cost of Instrumentation, analyzers, valves and other piping specialties. This allowed flexibility and noticeably improved process time for all the projects, which decreased estimate time by 50%.
- Initiated and led the development of the Excel-based historical database of the previous cost estimates and projects for different regions; this improved the quality of similar estimates.
- Attended the AACE Conference in Toronto, CA.