Mental Health Worker II
Provides consumers with information and coaching/training related to public transportation, job preparation, continuing education, budgeting, housing and other subjects related to successful independent living; assist patients/consumers and persons representing children and youth including those from diverse cultural backgrounds, in understanding the behavioral health system in terms of availability, access, and limits to services and the manner in which the legal system (i.e. conservatorship, 5150, etc.) interfaces and affects behavioral health services; interpret policies, rules and regulations to consumers and others
- Provides Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training on behalf of the department to professional staff as well as to community members.
- Conducts psychoeducational groups at local board and care residential facilities
- Maintains professional and collaborative relationships with other agencies with effective provision of mental health services as goal.
- Facilitates school based, evidence-based youth groups to increase school performance, decrease substance use, and elevate mood.
- Provides case management services with person centered, wellness and recovery approaches to both youth and adult consumers of the mental health system.
- Provides support and is used as vehicle for Public Guardian's office of [company name] in ensuring various needs of conservatees of [company name] are being met or addressed appropriately