SPEECH PATHOLOGIST, SUPERVISOR, and REHAB UNIT COORDINATOR
Initiated and developed the hospital Speech Pathology program, eventually providing speech, language and swallowing services to patients in the acute, acute rehab, out-patient, home health, skilled nursing home, adolescent psych, and neonatal populations.
- Developed and implemented the Modified Barium Swallow program.
- Directed and supervised the SLP professionals, CFY and student therapists.
- Responsible for department statistical reports, ensuring the quality and appropriateness of patient care and compliance with reimbursement and regulatory agency requirements, personnel needs, and proposals for staff, equipment, supplies and space needs.
- Developed policies, procedures and protocols.
- Planned, organized and supervised the rehabilitation therapies serving the specialized acute rehab unit, and coordinated their efforts with nursing, the medical director and other disciplines.