Performed periodic maintenance, inspection, testing, and certification of over 200 overhead and mobile [company name]. Subject matter expert in troubleshooting crane control systems electrical and mechanical malfunctions. Researched and ordered parts utilizing detailed technical manuals, and drawings, for successful repair of equipment. Reviewed, maintained and updated over 200 equipment files, ensured files contained all required and accurate documentation. Supervised load test personnel, including operators, and riggers, involved with the testing evolution.
- Initiated process improvement to annual crane certifications; reduced team's workload by one half man year
- Performed satisfactorily and received high remarks for the last 3 years, during each annual Navy Crane Center audit
- Participated in proposals, technical evaluations of new/existing [company name] and fall protection systems in conjunction with contracting officers, construction managers and contractors, ensured specifications meet strict Navy requirements
- Evaluated, inspected, and authorized various lifting configurations to support 95 contractor crane operations without an accident
- Provided expert advice for weight handling equipment in support of the Launch Test Capability program, assisted in meeting the strict Navy requirements and preventing future setbacks for non-compliance