Worked as a patrol supervisor, supervising anywhere from 5 to 10 patrol officers. Assisted patrol officers with any problems and questions that they had in regards to calls for service, report writing, arrests, etc. Worked full time as a shift commander during final three years of service, in charge of entire shift. Had to make decisions and solve problems that patrolmen, sergeants, and other personnel had trouble with. As officer in charge, had to handle major incidents, civilian complaints against officers, coordinate with O.I.C.'s from other police agencies in multi-jurisdictional issues and incidents, and in general make sure the shift ran smoothly and without incident.
- Was final decision maker on serious and important issues
- Able to juggle needs of officers and public
- Able to organize multiple resources in order to solve serious incidents
- Able to communicate and work well with outside agencies
- Got along well with subordinates, team effort