Provide criminal investigators with the forensic analysis, identification and comparison of materials recovered from crime scenes, including the analysis of fire debris for identifiable VOC patterns, plastics, paints, fibers and glass. Conduct analysis of complex cases, often requiring research and the development of scientific procedure.
- Write technical reports and prepare correspondence regarding forensic analysis for investigators and legal authorities.
- Develop responses to inquiries concerning results of forensic analyses.
- Maintain and calibrate complex laboratory equipment, including GC/MS and SEM/EDS.
- Assigned to provide analytical training and direction to new forensic scientists and crime scene technicians working the field.
- Provide expert testimony in criminal and civil courts.