Deputy Director, Internal Oversight and Performance Assurance
Senior financial executive in team that established startup office to ensure the efficiency, effectiveness, and integrity of PCAOB programs and operations. Directed audit teams, wrote and reviewed audit reports, briefed management, PCAOB board members, and Securities and Exchange Commission staff on audit results.
- Planned and directed internal control and operational reviews of PCAOB programs established by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Management acted on these reviews and related recommendations to significantly enhanced internal controls at the PCAOB.
- Planned and directed reviews of PCAOB's functional areas, including information technology, finance, and human resources, and facilities. These reviews and related recommendations resulted in process improvements and efficiencies as well as documented cost-savings.
- Developed quality assurance structure and practices consistent with Government Auditing Standards. Independent reviewers have annually determined the quality assurance system meets all relevant standards and is operating as intended.
- Developed audit reports with recommendations to management and on which the Securities and Exchange Commission has relied extensively in carrying out its own oversight responsibilities for the PCAOB.
- Investigated and reported on inquiries involving employee complaints and misconduct.