Crime Scene Investigator
Crime Scene Investigator responsible for interwoven multiple task functions to include the thorough documentation, identification, processing and collection of physical evidence of a crime scene which was obtained by photographing, sketching, and processing for latent fingerprints, footwear impressions, hair and fibers, biological fluids, and blood splatter analysis with the ultimate goal being the successful prosecution of the defendant(s) in a court of law.
- Available for 24 hour recall assignment covering investigations of crime scenes such as homicides, s sexual assaults, robberies, property crimes, domestic violence, and traffic accidents involving fatalities.
- Prepared comprehensive written reports and documentation on a caliber as to be acceptable in courts regarding the findings and processing methods used at the crime scene.
- Attended autopsies and assisted the pathologist with collection of physical evidence from the deceased by taking photographs and thorough notes.
- Responsible for packing, preserving, labeling and documenting the physical evidence prior to delivering it to county forensic labs while maintaining chain of custody log.
- Interviewed witnesses and victims at crimes scenes, hospitals, county jails and other vital facilities in order to obtain information and leads which could possibility help solve the crime.