Senior Crime Analyst
In-depth analysis identifying and disseminating accurate, timely, and actionable intelligence ascertained from numerous data sources concerning emerging crime patterns, trends and series.
- Worked closely with the department's Problem Oriented Policing Team and other regional task forces developing actionable intelligence on gang member and drug ring activity; in addition to writing profile analysis of serial violent offenders.
- Assisted investigators in with suspect leads, location histories through data mining and investigative research resulting in numerous arrests and case clearances.
- Researched crime issues and presented strategic analysis reports to executive staff members with recommendations on how the agency can address on-going crime problems.
- Collaborated with police personnel and the City's I.T. department to design and develop
- Provided indicators and current situation briefings to patrol staff.
- Facilitated and lead training sessions on topics including intelligence lead policing strategies and how to use new technological tools for Advanced Officer Training (AOT)
- Created and disseminated statistical analysis reports on Part 1 crimes, calls for service, traffic, and special projects such as grant applications, and City Council requests.