Senior Digital Design Engineer
Architected, implemented, and tested software-defined radio (SDR) applications in GSM, UMTS, and CDMA2K. Designed DSP functions in receiver, such as synchronization, descrambling, de-interleaving, decoding, filtering, CRC correction, symbol tracking, frequency correction, etc.
- Created MATLAB and Simulink simulation models, built HDL models, and architected system design for performance and speed.
- Generated System on Chip (SoC) applications with embedded processors, such as NIOS-II, and tested functionality by writing automated test scripts and performing lab and field tests.
- Designed complete communication systems by providing interface to all external devices on hardware platform, such as PCIe bus, ADC, DAC, DDR, OMAP, Ethernet MAC, Flash, SPI, UART, I2C, etc.
- Provided feedback on PCB design based on system requirements and design architecture considerations.
- Led customer meetings, conducted project status presentations, provided technical advice to project team, coordinated with outside contractors on project tasks, and mentored new hires.