Institutional Fire Safety Officer
Inspects sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, automatic extinguishing systems, emergency lights, exit ways, standpipe, exit stairs, doors, lights, linen chutes, etc., on a monthly basis.
- Tests all fire alarm systems, fire extinguishing systems, and gas alarms on daily, monthly or quarterly basis.
- Responds to all fire alarms, malfunctions, assorted alarm problems and investigates gas smells, leaks, burning odors, etc., Peep records on all fires and major incidents including causes, losses and operations.
- Conducts ongoing orientation and fire safety classes and other training sessions.
- Interprets and applies all applicable fire safety codes/regulations as they relate to Mount Sinai Medical Center. Supervises fire brigade members and security personnel during fire emergency situations.
- Maintains or initiates communication with boiler room, Engineering desk, Central Alarm Company, and Telecommunications Department.