6-10 years of experience
I "scratch built", developed, managed and administered individual contract fire departments on US Military installations across Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (LOGCAP III) in accordance with NFPA, FAA, DoD Instructions and AR420-1 requirements. My final assignment was as the Chief Fire Officer at the Al Kut airbase directing 2 stations, 47 personnel and 8 Structural and ARFF apparatus. As well as responding to all aircraft, medical, fire and HAZMAT emergencies, I established mission priorities, short and long range goals, planned objectives, implemented policies, organized and directed human and material resources, directed subordinate Chief Officers, staff personnel and firefighters. I managed and maintained a $25M equipment asset inventory. I also acted as the senior Fire Inspector supervising and managing the performance of fire safety inspections, burn permit inspections and plans review of all existing and new facilities on the base IAW AR420-1, NFPA, OSHA Standards, Unified Facilities Code, Mil 1008C and applicable NAVAIR publications. I directly supervised and managed the performance of fire safety classes and public education of fire safety topics. I developed base strategic, mass casualty, and disaster plans. I developed and analyzed fire hazard risk assessments of base facilities and reported fire and life safety hazards to senior military officials. I assessed structural and aircraft fire suppression capabilities and ensured that capabilities met requirements of the contract, NFPA, FAA, Army Regulations and NAVAIR publications. I reported all fire activities to military command, civilian and aviation elements.
- Received Certificate of Appreciation from the US Marines for Support during the Battle of Fallujah.
- Received Commendation from WSI for life saving actions during a Convoy accident.
- Received a Certificate of Merit for exceptional demonstration of a Mass Casualty Exercise.
- Recognized by the US Marines during the turnover of Haditha Dam to the Iraqi government.
- Led the Al Kut Fire Department to a 97% overall Operational Readiness Inspection score.