Simplot is a natural resource company involved in agriculture and mining.
Responsible for compliance and permitting at 3600 acre environmental farm and two processing facilities.
- Developed and implemented Emergency Response Plan and participated in Community Advisory Panel (CAP) for multiple industries under EPCRA..
- Managed drinking water system and waste water treatment facility as certified operator. Reporting and inspections to comply with all existing permits, including Title V.
- Participated in the design and managed the permitting, construction, staffing and startup for a successful anaerobic digester water treatment and discharge system.
- Supervised twelve direct reports, both hourly and salary, with excellent safety record.
at this job
Safety, Health and Environmental Manager
Led SHE programs for 500+ person facility in 24/7 manufacturing plant environment that included 11 high speed liquid filling lines, 2 mixing operations and onsite Waste Water Treatment (WWT) process growing at capital rate of $50MM annually over previous 6 years. Performed Tier II, Air Emissions, EIQ, WWT, Storm Water and Form-R annual reporting.
- Drove zero incident mentality through mentoring and supervisor- and manager-led safety teams, resulting in zero lost time accidents in 5 years and reduction of Total Recordable Frequency Rate (TRFR) by 50%.
- Developed and implemented SHE Leadership team with manager and supervisor ownership in safety, achieving 100% management involvement in safety and 25% of hourly associates involved with safety teams / action.
- Performed as leader for all SHE-related governmental inspections and communication, resulting in zero fines and prosecutions.
- Led North & South American Environmental team to achieve 5% year over year reduction in energy, water, CO2 and COD use, along with 80% reduction in Landfill usage, by sharing best practices from each location, reviewing [company name] worldwide best practices and incorporating potential ideas into work plans.
- Managed WWT system and lowered cost of treatment by 40% without sacrificing quality of outgoing waste water through development of strategic service supplier.
- Earned Level 2 and 5 awards through Japanese Institute for Planned Maintenance.
at this job
Managed environmental compliance for Baylor Facility and Dining Services utilizing Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Coordinated the storage, collection, and disposal of 10 tons of hazardous waste annually
- Delivered group and individual training on environmental compliance procedures to 300 employees
- Supervised Sustainability Intern for Dining Services in the design of marketing collateral for 1.5 years
at this job
Corporate Environmental Manager
Provided environmental support and corporate governance to over 60 facilities and more than seven business units worldwide. Successfully implemented and managed the company's environmental metrics and companies Product Stewardship Programs. Integrated environmental concepts into nine existing business processes.
- Implemented and maintained the companies Design for Environment, Life Cycle Assessment and product restricted material disclosure ( IMDS ) processes which exceeded customer environmental requirements.
- Coordinated the implementation and maintenance of […] systems at over 60 facilities worldwide and achieved 3rd party certification.
- Reduced risk and met corporate governance requirements by performing EMS and Environmental Compliance Audits at over 60 facilities worldwide.
- Managed over five remediation project simultaneously with reserves of more than $30M.
- Meeting corporate requirements for Sarbanes Oxley.
- Included the installation of the world's largest permeable reactive barrier ( PRB ).
- Performed environmental due diligence assessments for company acquisitions and divestitures.
- Coordinated and conducted environmental training and workshops for over 60 manufacturing facilities worldwide.
- Developed and implemented web-based environmental metrics programs for auditing, greenhouse gas, energy, solid waste, MSDSs and water consumption thereby tracking positive environmental performance.
at this job
Managed environmental compliance for diverse chemical manufacturing facilities, specialized in water and waste water quality management.
- Developed internal reference / training materials and corporate strategy for compliance with regulations for over 100 chemical manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and Canada, resulting in comprehensive environmental compliance program meeting all legal requirements.
- Conducted site visits and audits using team approach, ensuring environmental compliance and Corporate Responsibility reporting.
- Managed waste water, UST / AST, hazardous waste and other permit workflow, keeping facilities in compliance with federal and local regulations and determining all permits required.
- Supported permitting and design considerations for new industrial processes and locations and managed consultants at all levels, being on schedule and within budget start-up.
- Developed plans, templates, and audit tools for compliance with regulations, ensuring 100% compliance.
- Developed training programs to train hundreds of employees and management, ensuring compliance with all regulations and meeting all training frequency deadlines.
- Brought multi-functional teams together to decrease environmental fines by thousands of dollars.
- Worked with operations to incorporate compliance into cost saving projects with average annual savings of $500K to 1.5M.
- Developed plan for integrating environmental routine tasks into maintenance program for ease of use.
at this job
Responsible for environmental compliance management of three (3) food manufacturing facilities in
Southern Indiana, including SPCC Plans, Tier II and Form R Reports.
- Maintained environmental permits for three (3) facilities.
- Developed custom stormwater management plans.
- Supervised the operation of a large wastewater treatment plant that required a special safety focus.
at this job
Corporate Safety & Environmental Manager
- Conducted comprehensive safety and environmental audits at 15 manufacturing, crushing & blending and mining facilities in the United States and Canada. Consistently maintained OSHA and MSHA recordable accident rates 58% below industry average for refractory manufacturing and mining.
- Developed and conducted site-specific annual safety training for over 500 union and non-union employees. Subject matter includes Hazard Communication, Confined Space Entry, Forklift Safety, Back Injury Prevention, Personal Protective Equipment, Respiratory Protection and Lock-Out / Tag-Out.
- Implemented all storm water and air emissions permits for all 14 United States based plants. We received zero non-compliance citations during my tenure.
- Performed all air sampling and noise monitoring in the plants and eliminated environmental consulting fees. This saved the company between $40,000 - $45,000 annually for routine silica, respirable dust, phenol, formaldehyde and welding fume sampling.
- Was the Program Administrator for the Drug Free Workplace Program. Supervised all drug screening efforts and conducted all Substance Abuse training for five Ohio-based plants.
- Coordinated and reviewed environmental permitting for all United States facilities to included Air Emissions, Storm Water and Mining permits to ensure compliance with federal and state Environmental Protection Agency regulations.
- Performed environmental due diligence in the acquisition of six facilities during my tenure. Determined financial liability of environmental clean-up costs while working closely with Senior Management.
at this job
Assistant to Environmental Manager
Assisted with administrative duties including arranging and organizing documents
- Performed safety inspections under supervision throughout the factory
- Reviewed and calculated data to graph compliance results regarding environmental emissions in accordance with Environmental Protection Agency standards
- Created new health and environment signs to replace outdated signage
at this job
Safety, Health, Security and Environmental Manager
Responsible for the safety, health, security and environmental programs for the Powder Coatings USA business, including all OSHA, EPA and state specific compliance.
- Led site to DuPont Board of Directors Safety Award - One year injury free
- Received certification for […] for Houston Site, developed and implemented the Environmental Management System.
- Prepared site security plan for DHS so as to comply with CFAT regulation.
- Chairperson of Houston Employee Safety Team - developing creative safety meeting presentations and celebrating milestone achievements.
- Improved the site first party responsible care auditing to include cross functional teams for all aspects of safety, health and environment.
- Facilitated safety programs to promote zero recordable injuries.
- Implemented a PSM program for the Powder Coatings business and Identified requirements per OSHA […]
- Directed injury, process and environmental incident investigations and leverage knowledge to other segments of the business.
- Administer annual site air monitoring, noise monitoring and respiratory protection program.
- Conduct 2nd party environmental audits at DuPont facilities.
at this job
Complex Environmental Manager
- Managed environmental compliance programs (CWA, CAA, RCRA, and CERCLA) at the Jacksonville complex, which consisted of three facilities (processing plant, feed mill, and hatchery), to ensure compliance with all permits and applicable regulations.
- Prepared SPCC, SWPP, emergency response plan, community right-to-know (Tier II’s and Form A & R’s) forms, risk management plans, and environmental manuals.
- Prepared permit applications for NPDES (waste water & storm water) permits and storage tank permits.
- Supervised the operation and maintenance of industrial waste water treatment system, water supply infrastructure, and hazardous and solid waste storage and disposal programs.
- Managed consultants and contractors working on environmental remediation and capital projects
at this job