Manager EHS and Senior EHS Specialist
Executed Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Radiation Protection (RP) program requirements and ensured that EHS and RP regulatory, business and departmental requirements, commitments, and deadlines were appropriately and timely fulfilled. Ensured EHS and RP policies, programs and practices were in compliance with regulatory requirements and designed and executed to minimize risk.
- Supervised 4 EHS professionals. Implemented the radiological health physics surveillance program, safety training, engineering project safety, capital project EHS compliance, liaison with insurance carriers, incident investigations, EHS auditing.
- Developed occupational safety programs to ensure compliance with OSHA, EPA, Mass. DEP, FM Global, NFPA, Mass. DPH, USNRC, USDOT PHMSA, IATA, Dept. of Commerce BIS and Dept. of Homeland Security regulations. Improved communications and increased the partnership between EHS and Engineering groups.
- Developed strong relationships with key Engineering and Business managers, leading to early EHS involvement in facility and operations upgrade projects, new product developments and engineering capital projects with a minimum number of compliance-related redesigns or retrofits.
- Trained approximately 600 on-site contractors per year in site health and safety procedures. Created and maintain database of contractors and suppliers Safety Programs along with acceptable Experience Modification Ratios (EMR) and injury/illness recordkeeping.
- Initiated on-site training sessions with local firefighters and conducted joint fire emergency drills. Fire Department added this training to their annual HAZMAT training program.