Repair and maintain lighting, ventilation, and electrical distribution systems, including electrical outlets, motors, generators, fuse and breaker panels, flight deck lighting, and ship's signal lights. Completed electrical distribution control panel training and qualification and performed all required task to ensure uninterrupted power to various systems on board ship. Trained junior personnel in watch standing principles, electrical repair, and damage control requirements.
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert in all aspects of propulsion plant operations from steam and electrical generation system along with associated equipment.
- Supervised a work center of 7 colleagues and delegated daily work tasks.
- Recorded over 2000 hours of Chief Auxiliary Operator Watch and over 2500 hours as In Port Emergency Watch.
- Reduce downtime by 50 % and saved the Navy over $110k by conducting repairs and maintenance on all 60 Hz Electrical Distribution system and auxiliary equipment.
- Qualified Electrical Load Center Rover whom is responsible in the Ship's 60 Hz Electrical Distribution during normal operations. Responsibilities include inspecting 25 load centers for fire flooding and grounds.