Install, remove, maintain and repair overhead and underground distribution, systems and equipment such as poles, towers, enclosures, ducts and piping and electrical or other apparatus such as transformers, switches, capacitors, pot heads, protective devices, cooling or insulating equipment, emergency gear and automatic cooling or insulating equipment, emergency gear and automatic reclosers.
- Serve as foreman on occasion as well as on distribution inspection program for green transformers; conduct inspections for pubic utilities commission prior to widespread power outages; switch out transformers in residential housing tracks.
- Perform installation, removal, splices and bonds; terminate and test conductor and cable.
- Connect, test, adjust, repair, and maintain electrical equipment and apparatus; use precautionary procedures, necessary tools and safety equipment including rubber goods and hotsticks to work on or near deteriorating poles, energized lines or equipment.
- Run test equipment such as amp, volt/ohm meters, phasing and cable test sets, fault finder and cable locator.
- Operate construction vehicles in addition to vehicle auxiliaries and other powered equipment. Teach and mentor apprentice lineman and helpers.
- Work independently as part of the rotation on the assigned team, including emergency response and maintained safe work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.