Income Auditor & Accounts Receivable Clerk
Entrusted by the Director of Rooms, I was assigned to assist the front desk as a Manager on Duty for several months until position was filled. During that time, I was responsible for a 40 plus acre property, its guests and third shift employees. Regular duties were handling guest reservations, disputes and emergencies, while continuing to do my daily duties as a night auditor.
- Responsible for preparing the hotel's books for the day's financial transactions
- Prepare weekly statements to hotel's wholesalers and maintain billing under 30 days.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions from receipts obtained by the outlets.
- Maintain records by filing invoices, debits, receipts and credits in a locked and or secured area.
- Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, promotions, customer service departments, and from customers.
- Resolve authorized or unauthorized deductions by entering adjusted entries and following pending deductions procedures.
- Summarize receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts; verifying totals; preparing monthly reports.