Senior Financial Auditor
Financial audits of non-profits, governmental, and yellow book audits, with specializations in charter schools, metro districts, radio stations, non-profit entities, counties, cities and towns. Independently planned audits, managing a list of clients provided by the firms Partner. Utilizing Smart Practice Aids and Engagement CS I was solely responsible for the planning of the audits, including documenting the understanding of the entity, internal controls, risk assessments and planning materiality. Conducted the financial audits of the balance sheet and profit and loss statements. Prepared the bank, debt and legal confirmations. Imported client trial balance into Engagement CS to create analytical reviews, prepare lead sheets and tie out supporting documentation. Completed all planning and fieldwork audit programs through the use of smart practice aids. Prepared client financial documents and draft of the audit for partner review. I am responsible for the entirety of the audit from start to finish with no supervision.
- Prepared government and non-profit financials including balance sheet, profit and loss and cash flow statements.
- Tested client prepared balance sheet reconciliations for accuracy, providing client journal entries where necessary.
- Gained an understanding of revenues and expenses and created analytical tests and research to develop reasonable assurance.
- Identified, documented and tested internal controls of accounting systems and procedures.
- Tested client accruals, prepared any unrecorded accruals and prepared client journal entries.
- Prepared and tested client depreciation and amortization schedules for fixed assets and long-term debt.