RN I, Perioperative Nurse
Following AORN standards, provided professional care to patients in a level 1 trauma center during the perioperative experience in the following surgical specialties: general, gastrointestinal, ENT, urology, gynecology, ophthalmology, dental, interventional radiology, neurology, plastics and orthopedic.
- Maintained the sterility of equipment and instruments in the operating room suite.
- Documented patient's progress during surgery in Epic in a timely and accurate manner.
- Started peripheral IVs and placed foley catheters in the pediatric population.
- Participated on a multi-disciplinary team to provide professional patient care by facilitating patients entering the operating room, anticipating surgeon's needs, delivery of medications, drawing of lab tests and meeting patient needs.
- Maintained competency on equipment used during surgery and ensured equipment to be in good working order before use.