Managed key aspects of planning and launch for new, 55-bed acute care facility, including recruiting, orientation, and training for 300+ nursing staff. Directed team of 80 in all aspects of administrative and patient care efforts; prepared schedules and work assignments, liaising among other hospital services to ensure patient treatment and care. Authored and implemented clinical protocols, operational policies, and administrative procedures; ensured consistent compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements. Held accountability for budget and produced financial performance reporting for CFO. Responsible for all encompassing daily operations of department including staff supervision, project management, and leadership of other departmental areas such as house supervisor, PT/OT/Speech therapists, and RN pool staff.
- Rolled out electronic medical record (EMR) system and served as Super User / subject-matter expert (SME).
- Tracked, evaluated, and reported on patient outcomes and satisfaction metrics including hospital core measure data from EMR..
- Introduced practice of hourly rounds and bedside physician reporting.
- Played integral role in creating and leading Environment of Care and Emergency Preparedness Committees.
- Case management/discharge planning/disease management education for all patients