RN II / Infection Control Nurse
Worked under the supervision of a Nurse Administrator as an Infection Control nurse. Worked with TB, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and HIV/AIDS patients to ensure healthcare guidelines were followed.
- Patient chart review to ensure tools for quality assurance were in compliance.
- Utilization review - review all aspects of the health care delivery system at [company name], assessing current practice and striving to improve.
- Respond to inmate correspondence/complaints/grievances- assisting the Nurse Administrator in answering inmate concerns.
- Policies & Procedures- I have assisted the N.A. in writing medical policies and procedures. I actively participate in the facility accreditation process, including processing and reviewing all medical standards/folders.
- Training- provide the necessary training associated with tuberculosis and hepatitis and then complete the medical vaccination and/ or screening process to employees and inmates. I also provide training to the inmates for medical assistants (to assist with wheelchair bound inmates).