Online News Editor
Led editorial direction for multichannel.com, the web companion to Multichannel News, the national weekly magazine covering the cable, satellite, telco, OTT and media industries.
- Responsibilities encompassed managing an assistant, staff assignments and coordination with sister title, B&C. Conducted all editing functions, including headlines and illustration. Established microsites and landing pages for industry events and news coverage.
- Served as primary writer/reporter for site's coverage of sports, ratings, carriage/retrans deals, TV award shows and marketing/advertising initiatives.
- Provided support for tech, financial and policy beats. Penned 'Reynolds Rap' blog.
- Contributed regular sports, advertising, ratings, programming and 'Wire' coverage to the magazine. Wrote cover stories and special reports.
- Positioned and posted items on home page, including blogs and transmogrified stories from the magazine, as well as site's channels.
- Coordinated multimedia initiatives, including videos and photo galleries; engaged in crosspromotional and social efforts between the platforms.
- Facilitated/proofed/sent news alerts; assembled/edited/disseminated weekly and monthly newsletters.
- Liaised with IT and staff about site and backend enhancements and snafus.