Homeland Security Policy Analyst
Provided written and oral response to congressional, including Members, committees, and staff, inquiries concerning homeland security and counter-terrorism policy and legislation. Participated in the legislative process from identifying issues, providing hearing questions, reviewing proposed legislation, and identifying policy issues and providing policy options following the enactment of legislation. Participated as a member of the Service's Department of Homeland Security's appropriations team, which issues an annual report.
- Testified before the House Committee on Homeland Security on the nexus of the National Homeland Security Strategy and the National Security Strategy.
- Testified before the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs on National Homeland Security and National Security Strategies.
- Testified before the House Committee on Government Reform's Subcommittee on National Security, Emerging Threats, and International Relations on the Homeland Security Advisory System and the federal government's response to terrorist threats.
- Testified before the House Homeland Security Committee on Federal Counter-Terrorism Training for First Responders.
- Provided information to the Department of Homeland Security's Homeland Security Advisory Council, as a subject matter expert, on recommendations to the Homeland Security Advisory System and it's responses to terrorist threats.
- Written over 50 reports for the U.S. Congress on homeland security and terrorism policy issues. Writing samples available upon request.
- Selected by the CRS Director to attend the National War College as the Service's only student, 2010-2011. Resulted in BS in National Security Policy, and while attending the National War College, focused regional studies on areas and issues within CENTCOM's area of responsibility such as Central Asia and Caucasus, and these regions' relationships with Iran, the Middle East, India, China, and Russia.
- Participated as a member of a Department of Defense delegation on national security issues to Kazakhstan and Tajikistan. Upon return, delegation briefed senior State Department official on recommendations on U.S strategy for these countries specifically, and the region as a whole.
- Cited by the White House and House Homeland Security Committee in their reports following their investigations into the federal response to Hurricane Katarina.