Technical Director/lead Nuclear Medicine Technologist
I assisted the Cardiologist in setting up and opening the clinic to perform Nuclear Cardiology procedures. I directed the implementation of the radiation safety program, quality control program, and the billing procedures for reimbursement. Once the clinic was opened, I was appointed technical director of the laboratory and I prepared the application for ICANL accreditation. Within one year ICANL accreditation was granted.
- Wrote the Nuclear Laboratory's policy and procedure manual per industry standards
- Completed Nuclear Cardiology procedures for physician interpretation
- Implemented a policy and procedure for pharmacologic stress testing per ACC guidelines
- Directed the daily operation of the laboratory including the radiopharmacy equipment and quality control of the SPECT gamma camera
- Followed and maintained the radiation safety program under the direction of the Radiation Safety Officer