Cut, shape, and assemble wood, composition, and/or plastic sections with shop tools and equipment such as planers, jointers, shaper, routers, sanders, and various power saws.
- Assemble prepared components for various structures, including set props, desks, cabinets, bookcases, frames and paneled doors.
- Prepare structures for finish applications by planing, shaping and sanding; using hand and power tools.
- Read and interpret plans, sketches, and shop drawings for milling and fabrication.
- Prepare materials estimates as directed by supervisor.
- Determine type and dimensions of wood stock to be used.
- Maintain and clean equipment and work area.
- Act as Lead Carpenter in absence of Lead Carpenter or Supervisor.
- Knowledge of shop practices and skill in using shop tools and equipment.
- Ability to read blueprints and translate into fabricated products.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform related duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy lifting.