CZS Zookeeper Internship Program
Experience working with a variety of species, including: Okapi, Yellow-Backed duikers, Red-Flanked duikers, Red-billed Hornbills, Saddle-billed Storks, European white storks, Giant elephant shrews, and Red River hogs.
- Observed medical procedures at the animal hospital and assisted vet staff during procedures.
- Independently given zookeeper chats to guests while interacting with animals on exhibit.
- Animal husbandry - maintained high standards of cleanliness. Propping exhibits for animal relocation.
- Proficient in using "Keeper logs" (KLOGs) computer program to accurately record animal data collected on a daily basis, any medical issues or concerns and conveying this information to supervisors.
- Administering medication and documenting consumption.
- Preparation and observation of daily behavioral enrichment for each animal.
- Animal nutrition -accurately preparing animal diets and maintaining USDA standards.