More Dog Sitter Resumes
Use these Dog Sitter samples as a guideline or visit our extensive library of customizable resume templates.
More Jobhero Resources
Create your own professional resume in just minutes.
Try our resume builder todayBuild Your Resume
Dog Sitter Resume FAQ
What should I put on my resume for dog sitting?
Most dog owners want to know that their pets are in safe hands. You can write an effective resume for dog sitting if you add the following soft, hard and technical skills:
- Administering medication orally
- Close attention to owner instructions
- Pet grooming skills or experience
- Physical strength and stamina
- House and pet sitting experience
- Previous positive reviews
What are the responsibilities of a dog sitter?
Depending on the level of care requested by your customer, your responsibilities could be as light as providing daily walks for a pet hotel or maintaining both a pet and a private home. Potential dog sitter responsibilities could include:
- Provide one to two walks daily.
- Exercise pets based on breed needs.
- Provide pets with fresh food and water.
- Clean dishware after each use.
- Administer medication according to owner instructions.
What skills do you get from pet sitting?
Pet sitting can help you develop the following transferable skills:
- Nonverbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of animal behavior
- Knowledge of species and breed behaviors
- Quick decision making
- Schedule maintenance
- Fast situational response
- Physical fitness and stamina