Mechanical Design Engineer
Liaison engineer responsible for equipment design, specification, inquiry, quote evaluation, purchase, drawing and calculation review and client approval of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, storage tanks, filters and other equipment. Various process areas lead for overall coordination of technical activities between client, vendors and other discipline on projects stated below. Codes and standards used in equipment design included ASME B&PV, sect VIII, Div 1&2; API-620 and 650 standards and TEMA standards.
- Reduced design cycle by 50% through developing computer program for storage tank stress analysis and recertification, using MathCAD software for DuPont Niagara Falls plant.
- Coordinated process including client and vendor communication for design and fabrication of heat exchangers for manufacture of new Amoco Chemical product. Concluded complex and challenging project involving over 50 heat exchangers completed with smooth operation.
- Managed mechanical equipments for crystallization and reaction process areas of four-year Singapore project for DuPont. Member of design team which simplified adipic acid production process in new facility. Responsible for design of pressure vessels, storage tanks, heat exchangers and pumps for $300M project.
- Created unique design which replaced corroded bottom plate of 500,000 gallon chemical storage tank for PPG Industries. Ensured customer satisfaction, saved time and significantly reducing cost of project through coordinating on-site design implementation.
- Successfully attained approval of design specification, drawings and stress calculations from various in-house departments as well as client purchasing departments for both procurement and construction of $200M project for McNeil Specialty. Recognized for team effort and "can do" attitude when project was completed three weeks in advance of very aggressive schedule.
- Key member of a design team, which constructed specially designed multi-storied Alternative Catalyst Recovery (ACR) module requiring off-site fabrication and transportation to site for assembly. Recognized by DuPont for 15-month project that was completed on time and under budget.