Network Modeling & Performance Engineer
Lead 3 person team providing network modeling and performance management for diverse worldwide network. Key Operational Support System (OSS) engineer developing and integrating automated systems to accept orders, model and provision network systems, and manage and maintain network devices. Developed comprehensive network modeling program. Instituted capacity planning, performed traffic engineering, used OPNET and WANDL modeling tools to design network and evaluate proposed design changes for Juniper and Cisco IP networks, ATM, SONET/SDH, and TDMA. Lead performance engineer working with Juniper MPLS network using leading edge security and differentiated services technology. Installed and developed custom collection and reporting for Netcool/Proviso performance management systems. Developed network performance metrics to meet organizational objectives and implemented system to collect and report on several network technologies. Technical lead on all security systems including Cisco ACS, TACACS. RADUIS, Entrust CA/VPN, firewalls, IPSec, Windows and Linux authentication, and LDAP integration.
- Integrated reporting between provisioning, modeling, and performance systems to measure business objectives
- Implemented new security architecture using Juniper firewalls, VPNs, and virtual routing-forwarding
- Implemented centralized authentication system and developed integration for all network devices
- Designed and implemented high availability Certificate Authority system for certificate based VPNs
- Reduced service order to delivery time from 3 months to 2 hours through OSS automation
- Increased network availability 2000% by standardization and automated provisioning