Coordinate and initiate continuous improvement events that affect manufacturing processes and products in an industrial organization. Work with cross-functional teams, including customers, quality, engineering, materials, human resources and corporate management, to implement lean manufacturing principals to improve quality, delivery and cost. Lead continuous process improvement program. Direct projects with up to 12 employees and budgets of up to $1.5M.
- Saved approximately $14,000/year per cell (up to 20 machines each), by installing in-line shut-off valves that could be turned on and off by management to control the amount of air compressor run time.
- Developed cell lay-out for maximum production requirements with best possible utilization of labor force directed at one piece flow.
- Reduced number of operators needed and improved quality per machine by changing the style of proximity switch holders and switch locations.
- Collaborated with a large team to bring a take-over job into production in less than 6 weeks, producing all eight styles of seat frames for one vehicle and exceeding customer expectations. Result was annual sales: est. $17M.
- Led team of 12, with budget of $1.5M, to develop work cell, create plan layout changes, plan part flow and raw material locations, and set timing for each machine run-off.
- Led a team for new project to build solar cartridges and assemble solar panels for installation at job sites.