Hvac Design Engineer/omsi Preparation Supervisor
Designed mechanical HVAC systems for residential, commercial, and institutional type buildings for state and federally funded projects with emphasis on government facilities (in the U.S. and Europe) for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), Army Corps of Engineers, and the Air Force.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of six CAD Technicians in design of mechanical and HVAC systems. Additionally, train newly hired engineers, designers and technicians in project execution methods and other technical competencies.
- Perform field surveys and design exterior above and below ground hot water, steam, chilled water, and gas distribution systems both direct bury and within concrete trenches for multi-building facilities.
- Conduct field surveys of existing facilities for retrofit replacement of plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Designed plumbing and HVAC systems for Army and Air Force facilities located in Italy, Spain, Nova Scotia, and Iceland. Prepared as-built drawings for the above facilities on site.
- Traveled overseas to coordinate construction activities and serve as a liaison addressing design questions.
- Draft commercial and government Specs-in-Tac specifications and computer-generated cost estimations using the Computer Estimating System (CES) program for plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Prepare computer energy and life cycle cost estimates utilizing Trane TRACE computer programs.
- Develop LEED documentation of proposed facilities for review by the Green Building Counsel.
- Prepare Operational and Maintenance Support Information (OMSI) manuals for Army Corps of Engineers and NAVFAC projects. Supervise the Architectural, Electrical, and Fire Protection Engineers preparation of OMSI documentation.
- Served as a Quality Control Field Engineer overseeing a large NAVFAC, Aircraft Flight Simulator Training Facility, at the Oceana Naval Air Station for 12 months.